We're sure you had a tiring day, didn't you? We know the feeling of wanting to take some time for yourself and do something that will make your muscles feel good. Well now is the perfect chance.
This blog will focus on the workout equipment called "Power Plate" that helps your body get back on track. It can be done at the gym or at home so no excuses - just go try this thing out already.
There are many benefits of using a power plate, which we will discuss in this blog post. You may be wondering how the power plate can benefit you and your fitness goals. In this article, we will go over some of the top benefits that come with using a power plate for exercise purposes.
Table of Contents
Without further ado let’s get started, shall we?
1. What is a Power Plate?
Power-Plate or known as a vibration plate is a machine that gives the body's muscles a high-speed workout by using vibrations to stimulate them to contract and relax. They generally contract once or twice a second, but by standing on the Power-Plate, its vibrations cause an automatic reflex muscle contraction of 30-50 per second.
This is a great time-saver due to the effectiveness of training and the fact that many muscle groups are activated at the same time. It's claimed that 10 minutes on the Power-Plate will have the same results as 60 minutes of conventional strenuous training.
2. What is the Importance of Using Power Plate?
Power Plate’s vibrating platform triggers immediate contractions of working and stabilizing muscles, resulting in positive improvements in strength, balance, flexibility, postural control, circulation, and coordination. In addition, the harmonic vibration contributes to positive hormonal responses.
Using Power Plate will keep you revitalized in daily life. In just a few minutes, you can increase the sense of your well-being by performing simple stretches and easy movements to counter the negative effects of sedentary living.
Set your workout on vibrate and incorporate the five key elements of effective training—Stretch, Balance, Core, Strength, and Massage— into a 30-minute total-body workout using Acceleration Training from Power Plate.
3. What are the Top Benefits of Using a Power Plate?
1. Weight Loss- You can use vibration plates to lose weight. As you're running through the fat deposits, it's more likely that these will shift and burn off some calories because they are denser than muscle tissue which has greater metabolic demands upon resting form when at rest. Besides this technique working well, for people who wish to tone their muscles, while losing adipose cells; healthy eating with high-intensity Cardio workouts also plays an integral role in how successfully one burns off those extra pounds!
As we all know by now, exercising regularly helps us achieve our fitness goals but what many don't realize is, just how much harder workout routines become if you want results quickly and wish to get rid of excess body fat.
2. Fat Loss- Scientists have found that using a vibration plate is an effective form of exercise for fat loss. The whole-body vibrations sent through your entire body can reduce fat deposits in the midriff section and activate liver cells, which metabolizes the fat instead of transforming them into glucose; without this process happening our bodies would get stuck at higher weights, because there wouldn't be any additional fat release! This effect was noticed on mice who exercised three months with 20 minutes per day (or five hours total), but no human studies currently exist yet. Although it makes sense for human also, since we work similar to each other, so hopefully some research in that regard will start soon.
3. Muscle Tone- Vibration plates are an affordable, quick system for toning your muscles. They work by vibrating at different frequencies that cause the body weight to shift back and forth on its own accord which speeds up blood flow in one's limbs, as well as increases coordination between them.
4. Healthier Endocrine System- A healthy metabolism has important benefits on your endocrine system. It may also be exactly what you need to improve hormonal problems such as acne or menstrual pain by the usage of vibration plates.
5. Increased Metabolic Rate- As you improve your muscle mass and decrease fat deposits, the brain turns on its survival mode. This causes a person's body to conserve resources by storing unused calories as fat or decreasing metabolic rate, so they use up less energy than what would have been anticipated when at rest, in an environment where food isn't available immediately after eating. This could be seen with bed rest patients who must rely largely upon their own powers for energy expenditure while resting, if there are no other appliances implemented into daily life, such as dieting programs which encourage exercise levels to be high enough for people to stay mobilized during times spent upright against gravity (not flat).
6. Improved Bone Density- The Belgian researchers who published their work in the Journal of Bone and Mineral Research have found that participants saw a 1% increase in hip bone density after six months, while also experiencing an overall muscle strength uptick. To put it simply: vibration plate exercise is good for you!
This 2004 study shows how important vibrational therapy can be. Some people have even gone on to say they feel healthier because of these experiments at hand. We need to take care when exercising though, as too much time spent overdoing things could lead to damage later (just like any other form of physical activity).
7. Better Balance and Flexibility- The vibration plate challenges your balance because it makes the brain think you’re falling. As such, stronger muscles in our core have to contract and maintain stability by contracting certain key areas like the lower back or abdominal region just so we can keep ourselves balanced on top of this ground vibrating surface. Even though at first glance there doesn't seem to be much difference between walking, but what happens underneath reveals itself quickly. Many people don’t realize how important their posture actually is! A good habit formed here will lead not only towards improving health through increased muscle strength, which in turn leads to better movement and function, but it will also keep one’s body alignment in the correct position.
Keeping balance - Because of this improved muscle strength which is gained by standing on a Power Plate, we get more energy and endurance that can be used during training or just regular activities such as sports or work.
8. Improved Blood Circulation- Vibration devices have been shown to improve blood circulation, which ultimately improves the health of your hands and feet. Poorly circulated blood may lead to cold as well as cramps or edema in other parts of the body. Vibrational stimulation can help promote lymphatic flow that drains fluid from problem areas, so you are not constantly being irrigated with bad fluids, while trying desperately for good ones. Improved metabolism due to vibration has also shown potential benefits like reduced risk of heart disease or diabetes mellitus type II. It enables better processing by our body cells since there's less waste product transport across membranes. While this might not sound like much, it's extremely important since cells are the building blocks of life.
9. Pain Relief- Vibrations unwind sore muscles and improve blood circulation, leading to pain relief in problem areas. Vibration massage is one of the most popular treatments for people with sciatica or joint discomfort. It can also help those stricken by muscle cramps, because these types of massages relax tense muscles. There’s currently a dearth (lack) of research demonstrating how vibration plates work, but plenty show its benefits. Customers rave online about their low-level soothing effects, which have led them to experience less backache as well as other chronic ailments such as arthritis.
10. Lower Stress Levels- You can learn to control your stress, by controlling the hormone cortisol. Cortisol is what makes you feel angry, anxious, and agitated when it's high. This feeling will make sleep difficult if not impossible, due to issues caused through increased production of this "stress" chemical. There is reduced difficulty in achieving REM stage which helps people feel more rested, after they're done working out on their vibration plate or have used them as a massage device.
Vibration training has been proven effective at increasing metabolism because an active body burns calories faster than one that isn't engaged physically anymore--especially considering many individuals function better mentally while exercising.
Now that you know the benefits, let’s also give you a peek at that downside or the risks involved.
4. What Are The Risks?
The Power Plate is an amazing machine, but it also has some negative effects. Whether you use one of our vibration plates or the commercial version at your local gym - they are all designed with only 1 thing in mind: providing intense physical activity for everyone who walks through their doors.
It has been reported that if you're not careful, regular exposure to vibrations, caused by a vibration platform, could affect the health of your brain or vision. This is even if you have no medical pre-conditions at all.
If you're constantly living life on the edge, then it's inevitable that your body will pay for it one way or another. The Biomedical Engineering Professor, Clinton Rubin at the State University of New York found in his research that high vibration can lead to damage not only with hearing and vision but also cartilage which is crucial when considering what bones are made up inside us all!
5. Best Ways to Exercise with Power Plate
Here are the Four ways to exercise with the Vibrating Plate:
Vibration plates have been proven to do good things for the human body. They provide a unique form of exercise in which you can work out without putting too much strain on your muscles and joints while at the same time giving them extra training. While some people might feel skeptical about this new trend, they should definitely give it a try!