You've been working hard all day and your stress level is high. If this sounds familiar, don't worry! Trigger point ball massage can help relieve the tension in muscles caused by chronic strain on a daily basis while giving you an opportunity for some much-needed relaxation at nighttime or during those work hours when it's just too difficult to focus without taking some downtime, first thing after waking up in the morning.
Trigger Point Ball Massage uses pressure points that are similar, but not quite identical to Tactical Acupuncture. Although they're used differently by these two practitioners (with varying levels of expertise); one may use it solely for a specific purpose, while the other can use it across-the-board. This blog post is for anyone who needs relief from pain or stress.
From professional athletes to people with chronic conditions, trigger point massage balls are the go-to tool for so many people, because they work! Massage balls can be used in a variety of ways to reduce stress and pain caused by muscle tension. They're inexpensive and easy to use - you don't need any special equipment. We'll describe below, how they work, and some other benefits that you might not know about.
Before anything else, why don’t we start by knowing where the pain is coming from?
The fascia is like a blanket around your body. It's the connective tissue that surrounds and holds every organ in place, but it also has nerves that make them almost as sensitive to touch as skin! When stressed out or injured for whatever reason (loud noise, car accident), this thin casing will tighten up with tension-reducing circulation where needed most, to help heal fast from any injury.
Fascia isn't just there for structure; its purpose goes hiking along both sides all through our muscles providing support, while helping protect joints at their most vulnerable points.
A trigger point massage ball can help soothe minor aches and pains in your muscles. This soft massage ball targets hard-to-reach areas around your neck, shoulders, back, chest, and calves. Simply apply pressure to the ball for seconds while using a hard surface to stabilize ball movement from side to side or in circles.
Trigger point massage is a unique form of bodywork that has been used for centuries to help relieve chronic pain. Trigger points are tight, painful knots located in muscle tissue; when pressure is applied, the knots can be released quickly and easily with little risk or discomfort to clients, who need relief from their myofascial trigger point symptoms.
A recent study about responsiveness found a rapid reduction in local pain as well as restoring blood flow, which helps cellular repair, due to Trigger Point Massage.
Trigger point therapy is a great option to relieve pain without taking any additional medication. Many scientific trials are underway in order for it to be seen as viable, and so far, there has been several positive outcomes from this treatment type with patients being more satisfied than ever before.
You can use massage balls from head to toe for a deep tissue massage on your neck, back, shoulders, hip flexor/ glutes, and feet. They are also great at relieving tight muscles anywhere else in the body! The benefit of using these huge [the picture does not show a huge sphere] sphere-like wonders is that they create space within our body by increasing circulation, which in turn helps release any tension hidden inside our bodies' crevices or nooks, where there may have been any discomfort. All those tough knots just melt away under pressure.
1. Reduces Muscle Soreness- Sore muscles can make you feel sluggish and uncomfortable. Self-massage is a great way to work through that soreness, so you find relief and get back into feeling normal as soon as possible. These massage balls relieve your tired muscles quickly with their deep pulsating pressure - it's like getting extra attention for yourself without even leaving home or office.
2. Eliminate Tension and Tightness- Tension and tightness in the body can really hamper performance and make self-motivation difficult. Massage balls work deep into those knots by removing tension while also relieving any muscle soreness that may be present; they promote space throughout one's entire posture when used correctly.
3. Increase Flexibility- Tension is the enemy of flexibility. It can be found throughout your body: tight tendons and ligaments, as well as fascia which holds everything together in place. You may think that you need to stretch for this type of problem, preventing injury or to improve performance. Massage balls are an excellent tool because they provide deep pressure on these muscles without being too painful with their rounded surface intact - allowing them easier access points towards releasing built-up tension from anywhere within reach.
4. Improve Blood Circulation- This massage is also the best way to get your blood flowing and heal any injuries or soreness that you might have. It can also relieve tension in other parts of your body, which will help with overall pain management.
A lot of people don't know this but increased circulation through massaging certain areas in our body increases healing, by sending more nutrients where they need to go, especially when it comes down to dealing with an injury or some stress relief at home and treating yourself well.
5. Improve Posture- Every muscle has a different way of working, and when one becomes too tight it can create deep pain. One common example is tension in the back or neck from sitting at an improper angle for long periods of time without releasing some knots to allow more space between them, which leads to long-term discomfort.
This also happens with postures, since muscles work together throughout your body’s 26 joints providing support where needed while distributing weight equally on all four legs.
Sitting for long periods of time can cause discomfort in your hips and lower back. Trigger point therapy is an excellent way to release this tension, which could otherwise lead you to slip back into bad habits like poor posture! After treatment make sure you take care of your body by following up with good hygiene routines or therapeutic exercises such as yoga.
6. Why Massage Balls may also be Beneficial for Athletes?
Massage balls can do a lot more than just provide you with immense relaxation. They reduce tension and soreness in your muscles, tendons, ligaments (and even fascia), all areas that are key for athletic performance! In addition to providing relief from pain caused by overwork or injury; using massage balls also increases blood circulation which helps to heal, as well as nourishes the entire body.
It can also help speed up recovery time, which may be beneficial to athletes or yogis who spend a lot of their day being active in some way! Self-massaging regularly will keep your body healthy and ready at any time, so you feel less stressed out when it comes to taking care of yourself.
7. Alternative Tools to Use at Home
There are many different types of trigger point therapy tools. This post is focused on how to use a trigger point ball, which you may have heard of as a “pressure point ball”. We will shortly take you through some trigger point ball exercises.
8. How to use a Massage ball? We got you!
Neck- Lie down on your back, with your knees bent and feet on the floor, like you are about to perform stomach crunches.
Upper Shoulder- This one is also known as the rugby scrum technique.
Upper back- For a trigger point release into your upper back.
What is a good way to release a trigger point? With all of these trigger point therapy exercises, there are slightly differing viewpoints between professionals about how they are best done. Some prefer to hold the ball over a trigger point and wait for the trigger point to release. Others prefer to gently roll back and forth over the trigger point until it releases.
Shoulder Tendons- The tendon attachments for your shoulder muscles can get very sore.
Chest Muscles- Chest muscles are often very tight, which we may not realize. Many people feel pain and tenderness across the back of their shoulders. However, the reason for this pain could be tight chest muscles, especially if you spend a fair amount of time hunched forward at your desk or in your car.
So, just give them a go, and you may find that this is much more effective than digging into those shoulder muscles. Again, this is a case of symptoms (tenderness in shoulder) versus cause (tight chest muscles).
Back- Lie down on your back and put the trigger point therapy massage ball under one side of your back (not in the middle where your spine is!).
We hope that this blog has helped you understand the benefits of Trigger point ball massage and how to use it. When it comes to relaxation, there is no better option than this kind of massage. The benefits of this treatment are endless, and they provide you with an opportunity at home that will leave your body feeling refreshed for days! You can also explore more fascinating services on our website or contact us today if you are interested in starting a new health routine.