CUPPING MASSAGE IN HONOLULU
Nothing moves qi and blood faster than cupping!
Do you remember the purple dots on the back of Olympic swimming champion Michael Phelps at the 2016 Olympic Games? Yes, he used cupping therapy.
Cupping has a multitude of benefits. It can treat pain, improve metabolism, improve blood microcirculation, activate the lymphatic system and toxin elimination, tone up the skin, and remove external pathogenic factors such as wind, heat, and cold. Cupping can be great therapy for alleviating headaches. It can activate blood and lymph circulation, help with dizziness, stiff neck, abdominal pain, or loosen tight muscles.
Cupping is one of the oldest treatments used in traditional Chinese medicine. It can be found in almost every country where traditional medicine is practiced. It is used in combination with other massage techniques as scraping (gua sha), bleeding, massages, or bone setting.
Is the cupping marking (cupping marks) a bruise or ecchymosis?
Typically, a bruise has at least two characteristics. It is the result of blow, injury, or trauma and it contains dark and painful area. On the other hand, ecchymosis caused by cupping is explained as a local leakage of blood into the skin from capillaries that occurs spontaneously and is painless. The general consensus among the cupping experts is that the darker the cupping mark, the more qi circulation stasis.
- Weak/light cupping - helps with common cold sore throat, tonsillitis, asthma, anemia, fatigue, cancer patients, expectant mothers, etc.
- Medium/tonifying cupping - helps with hot/cold ‘Bi” syndrome, stress, headache, sport injuries, tremors, etc.
- Strong cupping - is suitable for all excessive heat (stomach, liver, dump-heat), hypertension, headache, boils, muscular cramps, sport injuries, etc.
- Moving cupping/draining method - is great for children under 16 years old, the frail and elderly, lymphedema, edema, infertility, cosmetic cupping, immunity deficiency, cancer patients, etc.
- Moving cupping/even method - is great for children under 16 years old, old and frail patients, lymphedema, oedema, infertility, cosmetic cupping, immunity deficiency, cancer patients, etc.
- Needle cupping (draining method) - is great for arthritis, rheumato id arthritis, muscular stiffness, spasm or pain, sport injuries, etc.
- Hot needle and moxa cupping - is awesome for tonifying, tonify yang, tonify qi and blood, contraindicated for children.
- Bleeding/wet/full cupping - helps with acute hypertension, sport injuries, blood-poison, skin conditions (psoriasis), removing toxins and poison from bites and stings, insect bites, etc.
- Herbal cupping - is suitable for asthma, emphysema, cough, digestive complaints, gastrointestinal complaints, male and female infertility, qi deficiency, etc.
- Water cupping - cools body, brings the pathogenic heat to surface, sport injuries, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions about Cupping
How often can cupping be applied?
Cupping can be applied every day until the patient gets better.
How many cups can be used?
Typically, five to 12 cups are used for a short period of time (15 minutes maximum).
Is cupping safe?
Yes, if an experienced practitioner performs it.
Does cupping hurt?
Not really. Strong or moving cupping might cause discomfort.
Does cupping always leave cupping marks?
It usually depends on the patient's condition.
How long do cupping marks last?
Typically between 1 to 15 days.
How long is a normal cupping session?
Five to 15 minutes.
Can I exercise after cupping?
It is not recommended. Because pores and skin are open, your wei qi could be damaged.
When I can have cupping performed?
Any time of day is OK.
Can I bathe after cupping?
Is it better to cup on an empty or full stomach?
Neither. Both can cause qi and blood irregularities.
Interested in your own cupping massage in Honolulu?
Call Hawaii Natural Therapy to schedule your professional treatment today.